Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Weekend...

Two fun and exciting events...the Elk River Challenge on Saturday and Sunday's Canoe Journey. The ERC should be a fun race, open to all paddlers and rowers. I'm just looking forward to paddling in the estuaries of Grays Harbor and breathing some ocean air. The start/ finish is from Brady's Oysters. There is a $10 entry fee and that includes free seafood from Brady's, which isn't a bad deal.

Energy is really building for the Canoe Journey. I'm finally hearing more of a buzz about it. I now see signs posted around town. Bleachers and seating are being furiously constructed at Swantown Marina. People are excited.

I think it's important to remember how important this journey is for so many people. I personally hope to be less of a spectator and more a witness to such an incredible cultural event. I love to paddle on the Salish Sea and want to be as respectful as I can, to both it and its paddlers, some of whom have made an incredible journey to get here, and not just in the physical sense. Click here for more information and appropriate and respectful ways to observe the event. And for my original blog posting in June, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment