Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Something to Look Forward To...

I squeezed in a paddle today before the rains return for the remainder of the week. Fortunately, by this time of year they're weaker storm systems with a lot less precipitation. Rounding the log boom I spotted so many seals hauled out that I just couldn't count them all. It made me think that if you had told a ten year old me, or even 20 year old me, that I'd live and play somewhere where I'd literally be able to see harbor seals every single day I doubt I'd have believed you. I'm really happy that I do.

I was also excited to realize that in another month or so it'll be time for some fun night paddles and bioluminescence viewing! Here is a previous post on bioluminescence called Northwest Fireflies.

Looking south at the north end of the the log boom
Moon jellies
Looking toward the port - you can see the STX Gloria in the far distance,
 on its first visit to Olympia, getting loaded with lumber destined for China

No comments:

Post a Comment